Healing Crisis – why you could feel worse after a Reiki treatment
Typically recipients of Reiki treatment leave the session feeling light, calm and relaxed, however on some occasions they may experience the complete opposite. Sometimes the practitioner will hear from clients that they experiences worsening symptoms after their treatment.
Why is this? What is a healing crisis?
A healing crisis is also know as a healing reaction or a temporary worsening of symptoms.
A healing crisis can be a sign of an effective, natural healing process. While it can be uncomfortable, it is at the same time a sign that your body is working to heal itself.
However if your body does not experience a healing crisis, don’t worry about missing out. Every person’s healing needs are different. Some people have deeper wounds to heal. It doesn’t mean that you are not getting the most of your treatment, if you did not experience a healing crisis.
Some people have a lifelong amount of toxic energy waste to offload and in the right time, with the right practitioner, the body will finally be ready to release and let go. Imagine having 20 years of stress on your shoulders. Imagine how your body would feel letting go of this weight? Probably incredibly relieved and exhausted at the same time.
A healing crisis is a sign that the body is finally ready to release and heal on a deep level. There is no way of knowing when a healing crisis may occur, as the body lets go layer by layer and then finally heal the root of something. It may be uncomfortable at first, but it gets a lot better moving forward.
True healing is not always comfortable. True healing requires presence, a deep commitment to self-development, to letting go of what, how and when you should be healing, and a ton of patience. Accepting that pain is an essential part of healing, the body will make that final shift of letting go.
If you feel unwell after a Reiki session, don’t worry too much, because your body is working the way is should and the symptoms are only temporary.
Symptoms of a Healing Crisis
– a flushed face
– nausea, headache
– painful joints
– diarrhea, vomiting
Here are tips to help you get through a healing crisis after Reiki:
– Communicate with your practitioner. They are helping to allow the energetic activity to be integrated in your body – the systems for your physical body, emotions, and mind. You are stirring up and releasing this material because you were ready to evolve, shift, and heal.
– Do your best to face what’s going on.
– Dialogue with your body and let it know that it can be released, let go, and integrated without the pain syndrome.
– Believe in yourself. Believe that you are okay, even if you feel weird in your body.
– Be gentle with yourself. Eat nutritious foods and drink plenty of fluids.
– Always relax and rest. Self-nourishment and self-care.